Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line around the world.
QLess is a company on a mission, with clients across the globe. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or waiting room.
The Product Manager – Customer Experience position reports to the Director of Product Management. In this role, you will be responsible for translating a wide array of customer requests and business objectives into product requirements. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Work with Business and Technology teams to understand and translate customer needs.
- Drive requirements through research, customer feedback, and analysis of data.
- Understand and document user workflows to build the next iteration of popular features or new features altogether.
- Prepare presentations for customer facing teammates outlining use cases and best practices for Qless.
- Prioritize requests from different sources with varied stakeholders.
- Refine roadmap objectives and timelines and work collaboratively across departments to keep everyone moving in sync.
Most importantly, you need to be able to Get Things Done.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technology or business field.
- 4+ years as a Product Manager, Business Analyst, or related experience
- Experience with SaaS platforms
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Solid research, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical teams in a concise and understandable way.
- Experience creating and delivering high-quality presentations on relevant topics to diverse audiences
- Can-do attitude. Roadblocks should come with alternatives.
- Ability to think outside the box to solve customer problems in new and innovative ways.
- Ability to work with stakeholders internally and externally to meet timelines and expectations.
- Mastery of Agile methodologies and best practices.
- Master’s degree in computer science or an MBA.
- Generous Benefits package (incl. Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Friendly and casual work environment (recently awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal)
- Excellent vacation policy
- Flexible work from home policy
Contact email@example.com to apply.