QLess is a company on a mission, with clients across the globe. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or waiting room.
In this role, you will be responsible for product design from soup to nuts. By applying a user-centered approach, you will enhance the usability and intuitiveness of our products. You will be in a unique position to influence the future direction of QLess products as we continue to grow. The Product Designer position reports to the Senior Director of Product Management.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Utilize design thinking and human-centered design methods to create and improve user-centered features.
- Collaborate with the product team to identify and define improvements based on the user goals.
- Equally empathize with and advocate for our clients and end-users.
- Create UX deliverables: journey maps, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, heuristic audits, and more
- Ideate UX designs, user flows, and prototypes based on UX principles, standard patterns, usability heuristics, and research
- Create low-fidelity mocks, high-fidelity mocks, and interactive prototypes in order to conduct fast and iterative usability testing. The mantra: Test early and often!
- Assist with writing and moderating usability tests; use findings to improve product features.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Product Management and developers, and across departments to design the best experience for our clients
- Advocate for UX practices with the development team and stakeholders alike.
- 4+ years as an end-to-end Product Designer
- Solid research, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- A proven track record of working with product management to design engaging experiences.
- Experience creating and delivering high-quality presentations on relevant topics to diverse audiences.
- Ability to think outside the box to solve customer problems in new and innovative ways.
- Ability to work with stakeholders internally and externally to meet timelines and expectations.
- A portfolio with case studies clearly demonstrating methods, process, artifacts and deliverables
- Strong understanding of usability heuristics, UX principles and patterns
- UX research skills – interviewing, observation, benchmarking, testing, surveys, and understanding how to synthesize data to define actionable insights
- Experience designing apps based on Responsive design, Material Design and iOS Human Interface Design Guidelines.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes with industry standard tools
- Familiarity with project management and remote collaboration tools
- Excellent communication – both verbal and written; UX copywriting skills are a major plus
- Exceptional listening, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Degree in HCI, UX, IxD or similar
- Or Professional experience and a certificate program in UX
- B2B and/or SaaS design experience
- Generous Benefits package (incl. Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Friendly and casual work environment (recently awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal)
- Excellent vacation policy
- Flexible work from home policy
Submit applications to: https://www.ihiretechnology.com/jobs/view/338200637