The ease and accessibility of digital technologies can transform our society and economy. An essential feature of this is technology’s role in creating new citizen and business expectations about interactions with their local governments. As a result of this, municipalities need to adopt a digital government strategy to collaborate and engage with the people in their communities.
There are six areas to consider in a digital government strategy:
1. Digitizing Existing Processes
2. Creating Public Data
3. Transparent Processes
4. Citizen-Driven Administrations
5. Public Involvement
6. Proactive Policy-Making
Qless: A Trusted Digital Government Strategy Resource
Qless is a queue management and appointment scheduling system that enhances your digital government strategy by eliminating the need for citizens to wait in line for municipal interactions. Qless integrates into a government office’s website and makes it easy for citizens to connect with the departments they need to conduct business with.
Here are six tips to enhance your municipality’s digital government strategy and improve community satisfaction.
1. Ensure that existing government procedures are revamped to include digital interaction. Instead of citizens having to make phone calls to schedule appointments or get information, establish a digital appointment protocol that allows citizens to join a virtual queue.
2. Create an open data resource for citizens. By using technology, local governments can provide community data and information to all citizens 24/7 and reduce phone calls and walk-ins.
3. Make processes and policies transparent. Municipalities cannot assume that citizens and business owners know the legal processes and procedures they need to adhere to (taxes, vehicles, insurance, government services). The information must be accessible to all who inquire.
4. A local government that has a citizen-driven mission is one that governs for the people. Digital survey tools can easily capture the opinions and needs of citizens and help government offices tailor their services to fit those demands.
5. Public involvement is the cornerstone of democracy. Local governments can build support systems that foster collaboration between citizens, local businesses, community organizations, and other stakeholders to address the challenges facing the municipality.
6. To ensure community satisfaction with the government’s services, departments need to anticipate and respond to the needs of citizens. Whether this is online tax payments or permit applications, virtual appointment setting for motor vehicle registration, or making a call to report a problem (a street in need of repair, uncollected trash, a stray dog, etc.), each interaction should be as effortless and convenient as possible. Fortunately, digital technologies can make all of these services available at any time and give citizens the ability to connect with the government at a convenient time.
Ready to Enhance Your Digital Government Strategy?
Qless keeps citizens satisfied while providing access to the government services they need. If you’re looking for proven strategies to deliver government services while managing COVID-19 regulations, contact Qless for a product demo. You’ll be amazed by how queue management will transform your government offices and boost community engagement.