Higher Education Statistics You Need to Know
The COVID-19 pandemic has permanently altered how colleges interact with prospective students, current students, and parents. Higher education statistics show that while students of all ages are continuing to further their education by attending college, changes are taking place. Here are a few of importance:
Top statistics collected by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES):
- Around the globe, privately owned schools are becoming more popular. As a result, nearly one-third of enrolled students are attending a private college.
- By 2025, there are expected to be 262 million enrolled college students worldwide.
- By 2025, nearly eight million students will study abroad.
- Based on 2019 graduation data, 36% of the US population had graduated from college.
- In Canada, 56.71% of adults have a college degree, making it the most educated country in the world.
Don’t Be Afraid of These Higher Education Statistics! QLess Can Help.
QLess offers a queue management system designed to support your school’s admissions and academic offices by virtually scheduling appointments for services. QLess easily integrates into a school’s website and allows students to join a virtual queue when they need to meet with faculty or staff.
Here are our top three ways to effectively use queue management to address the recent higher education statistics and boost your admission and retention numbers:
1. Based on a recent study in China, the United States is perceived as offering the best higher education. If your school is increasing its recruiting presence in Asia, chances are your admission staff is in hot demand. Virtual scheduling can help maximize the number of prospective students you visit and reduce missed appointments.
2. Higher Education statistics from Statista show that the percentage of people in the United States who have obtained a college degree has grown steadily between 1940 and 2019. Chances are, your school’s student body size has also increased and may be increasing still more in the years to come. Help those students effectively access the services they need through queue management.
3. In the United States in 2019, the average yearly tuition cost at public universities was $7,054, while the average was $30,282 for private schools (Statista). Whether a student lives at home and commutes or attends a college across the country (or the globe), parents and students demand excellent service when it comes to financial aid counseling, student loans, grants, scholarships, and work-study opportunities. Provide superior customer service so that all questions can be answered through easy appointment scheduling.
Ready to Make Your School a Successful Outlier?
QLess not only helps schools optimize scheduling appointments, but it’s also shown to boost student satisfaction and learning outcomes. Best of all, the QLess platform seamlessly integrates with your institution’s website without confusing and expensive technical support. If you’re looking for strategies to use higher education statistics to your school’s advantage, contact QLess for a product demo. You’ll be thrilled to discover how queue management software helps you reach enrollment and retention goals.