QLess, Inc. (“QLess”) respects your privacy and values your trust. We are committed to ensuring that the personal information stored by our systems is suitably protected and used appropriately.
- How we collect information
- Information we collect
- Our use collected information
- Storage of personal data
- Retention of personal data
- Use of personal data
- Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- User’s rights
- Contact information
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
When a User interacts with QLess, we may collect personal data in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our website, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, their name, job title, company name, email address, and phone number. Users may visit our Site anonymously. Users can always refuse to supply personal data, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Additionally, if you receive goods and/or services from one of our business clients, we may collect personal identification information including your name and contact details.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Sensitive data is information such as ethnic origin, financial, health, religious, or other kinds of sensitive user information. QLess do not collect nor store sensitive data as defined here.
Web browser cookies
OUR USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Collecting and storing personal data is necessary so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations to the businesses, academic institutions, government agencies, and other entities and individuals who provide goods and services to you. We use personal data to provide services to our clients as follows:
- We set up systems which allow our clients to offer virtual queuing to those to whom the client provides goods and/or services. Our clients include government agencies, hospitals, medical, academic institutions, and other businesses which want to make it easier for those to whom they provide goods and services to receive those goods and services without having to wait in actual lines.
- We provide data periodically to our clients on how our services have helped them, including the number of individuals by hour, day, week, month, year or other periods of time who have waited in a virtual queue, average wait times, how long those individuals took to get to the location for goods or services after having been notified that they were next in the queue, average drop-out rates from the queue, comparisons between actual queuing and virtual queuing as it pertains to the particular client, satisfaction rates, times of high, low and medium customer volume, feedback from those who have used QLess for their business or personal needs, etc.
- For marketing of our services to current clients and to prospective clients, as well as to individuals who may be interested in our services. We use this data to communicate with you or other entities that provide you with goods and services.
- We offer the ability to integrate the Qless Calendar with your Google Calendar. For those that take advantage of this feature, QLess' use and transfer of information received from Google APIs to the Qless Calendar will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
STORAGE OF DATA
We store and use your personal data for both short-term and long-term purposes. Short-term we store your data to enable us to provide our services to our clients, i.e., allowing them to offer and utilize virtual queuing for their own benefit, and for the benefit of those to whom they provide goods and services. Long-term, we store your data for marketing purposes as we continue to promote our services to new individuals, government agencies, and to various types of private businesses. As mentioned above, we use your personal data both short-term and long-term to help our clients understand the scope of how using QLess for virtual queues benefits them and those for whom they provide goods and services compared to the use of actual queues. Your personal data may be identified or may be identifiable. We also provide information to our clients which does not identify individuals.
RETENTION OF DATA
To serve our clients with both short-term and long-term uses of data, we retain personal data indefinitely and do not purge it periodically. This allows us to compare information, such as average wait times, satisfaction rates, times of high, low and medium customer volume, average drop-out rates, average lengths of time between notifying a customer that the customer is next in line to the customer’s arrival at the client’s location, etc. over years where desired.
USE OF DATA
QLess does not currently sell personal data that we collect, process and/or store. If we wish to sell personal data in the future, we will ask for the User’s consent if and when that happens.
QLess does not currently transfer data that we collect to third parties other than in response to a request from a data subject that we provide data in a machine-readable format and send it to another data controller. This is called “data portability”.
The QLess website and app have reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation, or destruction. QLess utilizes industry adopted server and database security measures, including encryption of personal data over public networks. QLess also limits its employee’s access to personal information. Despite these protections, no information system is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information at all times.
As a company that operates globally, QLess complies with applicable state and federal laws, as well as the EU General Privacy Data Regulation, which applies to personal data collected from those residing in any of the European Union countries. If you reside in an EU country, and if you have concerns related to the way in which QLess collects, processes or stores your personal data, please contact us using the contact information at the beginning of this policy and we will make every effort to address your concerns. EU residents do have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority, though we sincerely hope that will never become necessary.
For EU residents, we do not currently transfer your personal data outside the European Union. If in the future we wish to do so, we will contact you and request your consent to transfer your data outside of the EU.
In addition to our compliance with applicable state and federal laws, and with the EU General Data Privacy Regulation, we also ask our clients to confirm that they will comply with applicable laws as part of our contracts with them.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Users may request to view, modify, or remove their personal data at any time. To initiate a request to view, modify, or remove personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired action and we will comply within thirty (30) days of receipt of your request.
If you have questions concerning the content of this website not related to processing and/or storage of your personal data, and not related to questions about exercising your rights as a data subject, please email us at email@example.com.
This document was last updated on April 18th, 2023.